Favorite Installation Artists

Friday, June 5, 2009


BIRTHDAY SILLINESS

This is the Gemini Girls birthday party. If it was not a birthday, we would think of something else to celebrate. Whatever we call it, what we are really celebrating is the gift of friendship.

The little indignities of aging are borne better by shared experience; they are even laughable with friends at your side. What is it with memory or the lack of it and growing older? It took me 15 minutes the other day to remember "Best Buy". In my mind's eye, I could see the blue sign and the yellow letters going up at an angle to the right but there was not a snowball's chance I was going to remember that name. There is no doubt that any of my friends would say, "Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't remember either. But I can take you there."

No comments:

Post a Comment